Junior Site Engineer
Limerick & Cork
€35,000 - €45,000 + Package
3D Personnel are actively working alongside one of Irelands leading main contractors. Due to their continuous growth, they are actively seeking an experienced Junior Site Engineers to join their Limerick and Cork based teams on a permanent basis working on large scale projects.
- Review of the design and associated programme of works in conjunction with the Senior Engineer and extended construction team.
- Take instruction from the Senior Engineer and take responsibility for understanding both short term and long terms goals. Constantly review with the Senior Engineer taking note of ongoing changes to the plan and be able to react to these changes timely.
- Communicate with the Senior Engineer and the wider construction team daily to understand key priorities.
- Once established in the role, provide necessary leadership to any assistant engineering staff reporting directly to you. Understand any mentoring and training requirements with direction from the Senior Engineer.
- Liaise with the Senior Engineer to ensure that the construction team has all the required information to construct the Works.
- Upload weekly RFI (Request for Information) Schedules and discuss in detail with the Senior Engineer to understand and technical details subject to further clarification / possible change. Raise RFIs for review by the Senior Engineer as required.
- Under direction from the Senior Engineer, take responsibility for providing the required setting out and dimensional control on site. Agree how the primary control is to be established for the Works with the Senior Engineer and procedures for ongoing monitoring of same. Ensure robust checking system is in place to continually monitor and provide required assurance on setting out.
- Where required, provide any information requested by the Senior Engineer for technical submissions within the scope of works you have responsibility for within the required timescales including taking note of required approval / response periods so that there is no impact to the programme
- Review all applicable Inspection and Test Plans that provide the necessary inspections and hold points during construction
- Generate method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the wider team timely, ensuring buildability and safe systems of works are prioritised at all times.
- As may be required and under direction from the Senior Engineer, carry out inspections of the works, learn about how we implement temporary works within your scope of works with a view to being responsible for same when you reach the appropriate level of competence and experience.
- Maintain a detailed diary with relevant information as agreed with the Senior Engineer. Ensure the project standard for record keeping is followed. Provide information on all events that may have an impact on the programme or commercial matters.
- Ensure that issues with design coordination are immediately flagged to the Senior Engineer or Design Coordinator. Attend weekly design meetings as required. Ensure BIM usage is being employed to maximise gains from builders’ work point of view etc. (This may involve training)
- A relevant degree in Engineering or similar.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and IT skills.
- Proven understanding of design drawings and maintaining drawing registers.
- Good time management skills & ability to meet deadlines.
- To be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organised.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and are interested in joining a highly respected company with the opportunity to progress your career, we would be interested in hearing from you. Please forward a copy of your latest cv to Sarah or call today to discuss further.