Vacancy: JR Quantity Surveyor
Location: Munster / Cork
Salary: €40K + Package
A junior Quantity Surveyor is required to join 3D Personnel’s client a leading top tier main contractor with offices in Cork and projects through-out the province. The successful Candidate will assist the SR QS with all contracts through-out the province. Projects will vary including commercial retail, commercial office and various types of residential projects.
The successful person will be a career driven professional with previous experience working in a similar position undertaking contracts with a value of at least €2-3million for at least 3 yrs.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assisting with early stage budgets and detailed cost plans;
- Helping Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Assisting the contract surveying manager to prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems;
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded;
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- 3+ years experience in a contracting environment
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project, Powerpoint