Our client is a tier 1 main contractor that are operating on large construction projects across the UK and are currently recruiting for candidates in the Reading area. They are looking for someone to start a long term role as a Junior Quantity Surveyor on a large residential project.
- Complete measurements, costings, valuations and forecasts
- Assisting in preparing tender documents including bills of quantities
- Attending meetings and dealing with contractual and legal issues
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Prepare Tender Reports, participate in Contractor interviews and advise on Contractor selection
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use and advise on use of appropriate contracts for particular works
- Fully understand the implications of CDM and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Working towards or have achieved a Degree in Quantity Surveying, or similar
- Strong computer skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent high rise experience
- Excellent Residential experience
Excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work with one of the UK’s largest construction contractors.