Vacancy: Junior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €45K + package
3DPersonnel’s client is currently seeking to recruit a Junior Quantity Surveyor, to assist with a project in the Dublin area. The successful Junior Quantity Surveyor will preferably have at least 1-3 years’ experience.
The candidate will:
- Understand and administer contract terms and conditions and any other commitment to our clients.
- Be fully aware of the structure and form of interim and final accounts, all payment application accounts to be formulated accordingly.
- Manage all variation cost items, be it works completed on day works or on agreed schedule of rates.
- Ensure cost for disruption to works outside our controls are recovered with full agreement.
- Report in detail as required for the project manager on the commercial status of the project/s.
- Prepare monthly interim valuations and ensure approval and certification of interim valuations internally
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications.
- Provide assistance in the selection and appointment and commercial management of the specialist subcontractor engage by the client on projects.
- Ensure subcontractor payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed subcontract and procurement terms.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 1-3 years’ experience with either a building / civil engineering contractor (Sub / Main)
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction economics
- Chartership would be a distinct advantage (but not essential)
- Ability to work as part of a commercial team reporting directly to senior Staff (directors & Shareholders) with monthly progress reports.
- Must be contractual capable to maintain the companies interests at all time during the works.