I.T. Service & Support Technician
Permanent Role – Full-Time
REF NO: VAC-13060
Salary: Highly Competitive Remuneration Package Salary of €30,950 rising to €42,000 over 4 years
Our client is one of Ireland’s most successful retailers, they offer a huge range of products sourced, locally across the U.K., Ireland and Europe. Their commitment to first class customer care and sustainability is paramount to what they do and, they are widely recognised as a top employer, offering a host of employee benefits and, career development opportunities.
We are seeking a customer-focused, highly motivated and tech savvy IT Technician to join their IT Service & Support Team. The IT Service & Support Technician will be researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
IT Service & Support Technician responsibilities include resolving issues with end user devices such as laptops and mobile phones, imaging and configuring operating systems and providing remote support to our office, store and warehouse colleagues nationwide. You will use ticket and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require detailed instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
What you'll do
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customer-targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Liaise with external service providers to deliver business requirements
- Create and maintain documentation for troubleshooting and resolution of issues
What you'll need
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrable service ethos and direct client-facing experience
- 3rd level degree in a relevant field
- Hands-on experience with Windows & Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and good work ethic
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Very proficient in spoken and written English
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
What you'll receive
- Through their salary system, they ensure pay equality across all positions
- Salary of €30,950 rising to €42,000 over 4 years
- 20 days holidays per annum rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Private employee medical insurance
- Company pension after one year of service
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and ongoing development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week
How to Apply:
Applications in writing only please, send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.