Vacancy: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - Residential
Salary: €60K - €70K + package
Do you want to be part of a successful company? An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a growing Commercial Team. Our client is currently looking for an individual with exceptional communication and negotiation skills, customer focus and Business & Commercial Acumen. Working closely with the managing QS you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for all procurement, commercial and contractual aspects of a large residential site in Dublin. The role entails interfacing with all staff involved in the project including, but not limited to, external consultants, sub-contractors and external suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial reporting of projects within Dublin including benchmarking, land viabilities, tender recommendations, cash flows, valuations, final accounts etc.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site / Project Manager at the appropriate time.
- Implement wherever possible value engineering solutions & strategy to optimise profit and efficiency for the business.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Manage the adoption process of public works.
- Assist in finalising/agreeing Housing Association contracts.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs including subcontract and materials.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
- You hold a BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- You possess 5 -7years’ exp in total with 2+ years’ experience with a developer or a residential construction company, with experience in the management of building contracts
- If you have a trade or construction background this is a bonus
- You have strong measurement and take off skills along with knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit and Outlook (MS Project is also preferred)
- You must have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- You will be equally able to work on own initiative as well as part of our growing team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is critical, as are strong organisation skills and the ability to create clear and concise reports