Job Title: HSEQ Lead (Quality bias)
Our client is one of the UK's leading main contractors delivering new build and refurbishment projects across the residential, commercial, hospitality education and healthcare sectors.
To ensure the suitability of and compliance with the company and client’s safety, quality and environmental policy. Leading a team and supporting operational staff across multiple projects or one large project.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Setting up project specific procedures and processes to comply with business and client requirements through all stages of the project life cycle.
- Guiding and supporting the operational team and supply chain to develop their own management plans
- Taking responsibility for compliance with those processes, including auditing and performance management
- Regular reporting to Project Director and client team
- Maintain KPI’s and manage out procedural and actual issues
- Managing and acting as gatekeeper for competence of management staff and operational staff alike
- Taking the lead on quality compliance at all stages of the project, ensuring that Quality Assurance and Quality Control is strictly followed and ensuring that all documentary evidence is ready to present in a format that is sufficient to allow handover.
- Leading continued improvement through performance review and implementation plans
- Monitoring culture and working with Project Director to manage risk and develop improvement plans if necessary
- Manage and maintain relevant business certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership
- Self-motivated / Proactive and can work under pressure
- Customer facing
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Organising and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Experience / Knowledge:
- Multiple projects in similar role or experience of running a small department
- Rail or other highly regulated environments
Qualifications / Certificates: