Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer- Residential- Construction
Location: North /South County Dublin
Salary: Competitive market rate
An experienced Health & Safety officer with residential experience is required in North County Dublin.
The health & safety officer will be experienced in working on mixed residential projects including family homes & apartment complexes.
The successful candidate will have worked with main contractors / residential developers for at least 4 yrs.
The main role of the successful candidate will be to support the creation of a safer working environment in on a busy site, with the responsibility for ensuring the implementation of safety statements.
The company in question is one of Irelands largest residential developers that undertakes variety of residential contraction including apartments and family homes of all sizes.
This is a great opportunity for a Health & Safety to gain long term employment within a developer that holds a large land bank with a view to develop it over the next 10 yrs.
About the role:
- The Safety Officer will provide general support and assistance to the Senior Health & Safety Manager
- You will carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibility
- You will carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- You will liaise with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register
- You’ll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work
- You will have a third level degree qualification in Health and Safety
- You will have 4+ years’ experience in a similar role, gained in Ireland
- You have some experience within the residential construction sector
- You have a strong and proven ability to influence change and be a champion of best practice
- You must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), and a general competence in using new technologies (Mobile Apps etc)
- You must possess a full clean driving licence