Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer
3D Personnel’s client, a leading building and civil engineering contractor is seeking an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join their team in the Dublin area.
The Safety Officer will be responsible for the efficient management of their prescribed work area and will fulfil the duties of the office in accordance with 3D Personnel's client's Health and Safety Management System.
The successful Health & Safety Officer will be expected to carry out the duties set out below:
- Assist in the coordination, development, implementation, monitoring review and update of safety management system of 3D Personnel's client
- Facilitate the development, communication and implementation of Health and Safety Plans Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with national, international and legal requirements
- Assist in the preparation, review and communication of the Safety Statement and Safety Management System and associated Ancillary Safety Statements
- Prepare, review and communicate risk assessments in conjunction with line managers, support line managers in identifying control measures
- Actively promote a safety awareness culture throughout the client and it’s subcontractors
- Carry out safety inspections, and audits, maintain records, report on findings and monitor compliance with corrective and preventative actions
- Assist in the designing and delivery of training where appropriate and maintain records of training
- Investigate incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses as appropriate and make recommendations for corrective action
- Assist in the preparation of ongoing analysis and regular reports of unsafe incidents and accidents.
- Prepare concise reports for the Health and Safety Manager as required
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Authority and any other relevant external agencies and organisations as required
- Deputise for the Health and Manager or represent the Health and Safety Manager in his absence as required
- Advise and report to management on all matters relating to employee health and safety.
- Develop and maintain contractor control procedures
- Develop and maintain emergency preparedness and response procedures for sites allocated to you
- Advise on legislative requirements, standards and codes of practice
- Perform such other duties appropriate to his/her office that may be assigned from time to time
- Use all technology and equipment assigned
- Complete all essential training successfully
- Maintain/develop appropriate records, reports and documentation as required
- Pro-actively use information and communication technology to improve service delivery and efficiency
It is the desirable that candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- ability to developing a Health and Safety culture at all levels within an organisation
- implementation of health and Safety policies and Risk Management Systems, designing and delivering training programmes and working across different functional areas within the construction Industry.
- excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- excellent organisational, time management and leadership skills
- ability to work effectively under pressure and achieve objectives in a timely manner
- work effectively as part of a team
- proven problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- supervisory management skills
- good administrative, report writing and I.T. skills (preferably with a good working knowledge of Microsoft word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook & BIM 360 field)