Our client is a contractor specialising in water and wastewater treatment across the UK and Ireland as part of regional frameworks. They are part of a multinational engineering group with a turnover north of £1 billion and they are expanding their operations in the London area at the moment.
They are looking for a Health & Safety Officer for water and wastewater treatment plant upgrades as part of the framework they are working on for HS2. Projects are worth over £80m and will be delivered over the next 3/4 years.
- investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- undertaking risk assessments and site inspections
- ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- identifying potential hazards
- determining ways of reducing risks
- writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- compiling statistics
- drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
- making presentations to groups of employees/managers
- providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees
- liaising with relevant authorities
- keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Degree qualified or relevant qualification
- Experience in civil engineering sector
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work on a prestigious project with excellent career development opportunities with this fast growing contractor.