Our client is a contractor specialising in water and wastewater treatment across the UK and Ireland as part of regional frameworks. They are part of a multinational engineering group with a turnover north of £1 billion and they are expanding their operations in the London area at the moment.
They are looking for a Health & Safety Officer for water and wastewater treatment plant upgrades as part of the framework they are working on for HS2. Projects are worth over £80m and will be delivered over the next 3/4 years.
- Delivery of HSE processes, procedures, standards and systems.
- Operating in adherence to management systems.
- Tailor HSE plans for an abundance of projects.
- Actively participate in the promotion of health-related risks and training on site.
- Carry out regular site audits.
- Oversee hygiene and welfare facilities.
- Conduct site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Report on the safety performance of project teams and subcontractors and make recommendations to ensure safe working conditions
- Third level qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety (Degree or Diploma)
- 3+ year's experience of managing environmental, health and safety on sites.
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Experience on civil engineering projects, preferably water or wastewater treatment projects
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work on a prestigious project with excellent career development opportunities with this fast growing contractor.