Vacancy: Safety Officer
Salary: €55,000- €60,000 + Package
3DPersonnel’s client is one of Ireland’s largest main contractors that has undertaken some of Ireland’s largest and most prestigious projects. They have been undertaking operations for the previous 50 years and have employed of 100 people with a turnover exceeding €300 M.
3DPersonnel’s client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Safety officer to be based in Cork City, the successful candidate will various commercial new build projects. The successful candidate will be joining Irelands premier main contractor on a permanent basis undertaking some of Irelands largest commercial projects. The successful candidate will be experienced in working within main contractors (4yrs).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general support and assistance to the Senior Health & Safety Officer.
- Carry out site safety inspections across the company.
- Carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Compiling registers of site safety inductions and training records for all employees and sub-contractors.
- Liaising with Site Managers to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site.
- Maintaining the accident and dangerous occurrence register and tracking remedial actions.
- Accident and dangerous occurrence investigations.
- A third level degree qualification in Health and Safety.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience in the construction industry is desirable.