Vacancy: Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Co. Kildare
Salary: €50 – 55k + package
A Health and Safety advisor required to look after a project in Co. Kildare. Successful candidate will have relevant qualifications and a minimum of 2 years' experience as a Safety Officer / Manager with a main contractor in the construction industry.
As H&S Advisor, reporting into the HSEQ Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring workplace activities to ensure that employees comply with company policies and government safety regulations. You will typically have responsibility pertaining to policy development, safety inspections, safety training and compliance with H&S Administration.
Some of the role duties will include:
- Champion the health and safety function, and safe working practices across the Company;
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safety Statement, communicating any updates Companywide;
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence of same;
- Assist Health & Safety Manager and Operations Managers with training needs e.g. Manual Handling, Safe Pass, Street works Training, etc.;
- Develop and carry out of Safety Audits observing workers to ensure that they are following company safety policies. Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay;
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time;
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees and Review sub-contractors' Safety Policies and Safety Compliance;
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings;
To be considered for this exciting new role you must have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar Health & Safety role ideally within the construction/utilities sector;
- Strong knowledge of H&S legislation and regulations;
- Qualification in a relevant discipline such as NEBOSH or working towards it;
- Highly organised and adaptable individual with very strong IT skills specifically MS Office suite;
- Ability to deliver presentations to other client or company personnel;
- You will also have first class interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Previous experience of the civil/construction sector would be advantageous to your application but certainly not essential.