Vacancy: Geotechnical engineer
Location: South Dublin
Salary: Competitive Salary & Package
A well-established civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy based in South Dublin requires a Geotechincal Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidates will be responsible for devising and overseeing ground investigation contracts and supporting various design teams with specialist geotechnical inputs.
- Plan, procure and control site investigation contracts for major infrastructure projects
- Advise the structures team on the design parameters for shallow and deep foundations for major structures
- Design complex foundations, including pile groups and soil-structure interaction problems
- Prepare the earthworks elements of contract documents, including specifications, design drawings and reports
- Assess borrow and quarry materials for reuse as embankment fill, drainage, concrete and pavement aggregates
- Pavement foundation design, in accordance with NRA DMRB and UK DMRB
- Assess and design soil improvement techniques for soft ground, including surcharge, vertical drains, vibroflotation, geosynthetic reinforcement, geosynthetic encased columns, piled embankments, mass stabilisation, rolling dynamic compaction and lime/concrete subgrade stabilisation
- Design to Eurocode EC7
- Assess peat stability and access road/drainage for developments
- Attend and supervise earthworks on site
- Concept to delivery of earthworks designs