3D Personnel are currently recruiting for a Freelance Quantity Surveyor in Guildford to join an award winning housing development.
You will be manging all commercial aspects on a large residential development consisting of a new development of thoughtfully designed houses and contemporary apartments surrounded by rich natural woodland.
As a Quantity Surveyor with us you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales, ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures including the Protection Manual, Quality Manual, and Trade Conditions.
- The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting including monthly cost reviews.
- Attend relevant site meetings alongside Senior Leadership teams.
- Manage the payment of subcontractors, measured work and variations are paid in a timely manner.
- Working closely with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Looking at VE options and alternatives to make suitable cost savings and value.
- The specification of materials and plant in accordance with the Group Agreements
- Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Strong Quantity Surveyor experience with a main contractor or house builder
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Pragmatic; able to assess situations by considering the benefits and risks for all parties
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- leads by example, considering team strengths and areas for improvement
- excellent working relationships
- Performance management of your team and suppliers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
Duration & Pay:
This position is being offered on a contract basis with a negotiable rate available, dependent on experience and there is 10+ years remaining on this project. Permanent candidates will be considered also with a competitive salary available.
If you are interested in this position please apply with your CV or call firstname.lastname@example.org