Vacancy: Fibre Planner
Salary: €35K - €45K
3D Personnel’s client designs and builds network infrastructure for companies that operate networks in communications and utilities sectors and partner to world leaders in the distribution of infrastructure projects.
3D Personnel’s client is currently seeking to employ self-motivated Fibre Planner with a keen eye for detail, who can work both on their own and as part of a team, liaising with both engineers and senior staff.
Key Tasks as Fibre Planner:
- Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
- Visiting project areas where necessary.
- Source information for the mapping software.
- Produce maps, drawings and plan optical fibre paths.
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information and design standards.
- Data modelling, building map and database environments.
- Ensure work is accurate and completed on time.
- Capacity planning.
- Supporting survey requirements if required.
- Process improvement and documentation.
- Preparation and analysis of reports.
Experience & Qualities:
- Degree in Engineering
- 2 – 6 years fibre experience
- CAD & GIS experience
- Good, working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Proactive problem solver with logical decision making qualities
- Effective communicator to both field and office staff
- Able to work alone and also within a team
- Quick learner - ability to pick up new software quickly