Location: Antrim or Southampton
3D Personnel’s client is a dynamic and progressive specialist joinery and fit-out contractor with a reputation for excellence and innovation across a broad range of sectors.
Due to continued growth opportunity has arisen within the Estimating department.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the successful company, working on specialist joinery and interior fit-out contacts.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the accurate estimation of costs and the preparation of tender documentation for submission to potential clients. This role will involve minimal travel within the UK and may include occasional travel overseas.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of enquiry and tender documents.
- Sourcing and assessing supplier and sub-contract quotations
- Where applicable prepare accurate Bills of Quantities from drawings, specifications and schedule of finishes
- The preparation of an analytical estimate from first principles and where necessary as a check against subcontract quotations
- Calculation of site management and preliminary costs
- Participate in final negotiations
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract
- A proven track record in estimating new build and/or fit out type projects or
- Have recently completed a relevant joinery, construction or commercial related course
- Excellent IT skills and preferably experience in the use of computerised estimating systems although full training will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently.
- Ability to work to deadlines with a proactive and organised approach
- Previous experience within the joinery/construction industry would be an advantage