Vacancy: Estimating Quantity Surveyor
3D Personnel are currently an experienced Estimating Quantity Surveyor in Leatherhead.
Your new company: One of the Region’s Leading Civil Engineering Contractor with over 30 years operational experience in this marketplace.
Project: Projects will range from small scale to multi million pound large Highway, Infrastructure , Utilities and reinstatements projects.
The Role: The Estimating Quantity Surveyor role will be tasked with pre-contract estimating and post-contract commercial control of Rail and Civil Engineering projects. The role is designed as a combined estimating and surveying role initially and to support the Rail team who are in the initial stages of growth, and support the teams. As the company grows this role is a unique opportunity for to either progress into full time estimating role or into a senior commercial position depending on career progression preference of the candidate. The EQS will take responsibility for tenders from initial enquiry/expression of interest stage, through pre-qualification, estimation and provide QS support through implementation.
- Work Procurement (Estimating)Pursue tender opportunities using client and public portals to obtain tender documentation
- Complete Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for identified opportunities
- Submit tenders and follow up, recording the status using the tender register
- Post tender negotiations, clarification and interviews
- Pre-Contract (Estimating)
- Develop and deliver tender strategies
- Ensuring that any main contracts entered, have terms and conditions that are appropriate for the company, with commercial risks identified and mitigations implemented.
- Coordinating with the other parts of the wider business
- Carry out tender drawing take-offs
- Review tender contract terms / conditions and all tender documentation.
- Issue and assess material and specialist subcontractor enquiries in support of tender bids
- Produce tender programmes and compile the overall technical, commercial to form tender submissions (with assistance from operation team sponsors)
Post Contract (Quantity Surveying)
- Produce robust, accurate and timely cost / value / cash flow / forecast project reports.
- Update the monthly CVR’s, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance
- Ensure that any commercial risks identified and mitigations at tender stage are carried through post-contract into delivery stage.
- Challenge resources / costs and manage any contractual changes during construction to recover any required variations and maintain a change control register.
- Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting.
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
- Prepare and submit interim valuations and agree final accounts.
- Relevant Industry qualification (Minimum HND/HNC. BEng/BSc or equivalent preferred)
- Driving Licence
- Estimating Software Training
- Network Rail PTS Training
- CSCS Training
- Professional Member of either RICS, ICE or similar
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience (preferably with a main contractor) within the Civil Engineering Industry
- The ideal candidate will be expected to have experience in both Rail and Civil environments to enable them to compile, tender pre-qualifications, technical / commercial tender submissions / estimates and be able to provide quantity surveying assistance for both Rail and Civil schemes at project level without the need for direct management or supervision.
- The ideal candidate will either be an experienced estimator with a QS background, or quantity surveyor with an estimating background (but must have experience and ability of both fields) looking to progress their career into a combined EQS role initially, with the long-term intention of further progression onto either a Senior Estimator or Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Good technical knowledge of ICC/NEC/Network Rail (NR) forms of contracts and a good knowledge of current Construction Law
- Working knowledge of CESMM (preferably CESMM4) and the use of estimating software for compiling estimates.
Salary & Package
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vechile/ Allowence
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this role please apply below or call 02380406322/07730530599.