Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Ref - VAC-13342
Based in Co. Wicklow (with also responsibility for Site in Co. Kildare)
Our client is a global manufacturing company with comprehensive product offerings. This company is innovative and collaborative and embrace advanced technology to increase speed-to-market, package customization and consumer differentiation.
Your role will be to provide direction and leadership to the objective of achieving and sustaining an accident-free workplace. The role will be based in site in Co. Wicklow but will also have responsibility for a further site in Co. Kildare and therefore will need to travel to that site as necessary.
Main Duties & Tasks:
• Develop, implement, and sustain EH&S objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with Site & Corporate Management
• Establish and maintain a working environment, in which employees feel motivated to participate in a process of continuous improvement, designed to enhance their knowledge and application of safety at work
• Provide leadership to all safety investigations including incidents and Near Misses, ensuring that appropriate actions are identified to address root cause, thus preventing recurrence
• Establish strong links with all departments on site as well as corporate safety team to address EHS issues in a complete and timely manner
• Identify and deliver site EH&S training needs to employees at all levels, ensuring that Induction Training covers all aspects of legislation pertaining to current and planned business activities
• Liaise with relevant statutory authorities such as HAS, EPA etc to ensure ongoing compliance with legislation for current and planned activities
• Ensure all contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with, Local, National and Corporate EH&S requirements, addressing any variation to these requirements
• Conduct internal audits ensuring that all aspects of site activity remain Safety compliant on a practical level. Where non-compliance is observed, it is communicated to the responsible party and complete closure is delivered
• Develop a comprehensive approach to Risk Management, including the completion of Risk Assessments and requisite training on a regular scheduled basis
• Identify gaps in the Site’s safety and environmental systems, developing action plans which will ensure compliance to all corporate and legislative requirements
• Prepare site to achieve and maintain ISO accreditation for its safety and environmental systems
• Maintain corporate and site reporting requirements identifying trends and opportunity for improved performance
• Ensure that any financial investment in safety, delivers a measurable benefit which is complimented by growing confidence in safe systems of work and their benefit to all employees
• Provide input to new equipment installation plans, ensuring that all safety requirements are met.
• Treat all information as proprietary ensuring the strictest controls and discretion are applied to confidential information.
• Chair the weekly safety meeting assigning responsibility for closure to the relevant party, ensure minutes are updated and published in a timely way.
Experience/Qualifications & Requirements:
The Ideal Candidate
• Minimum of 3 years Safety Management Experience
• Recognised H&S qualification
• Detailed knowledge of current HSE legislation and best practice in Ireland.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills though all levels of the business
• Experience of development and implementation of Safety Systems and managing and maintaining external accreditations
• Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
• Competent in the use of MS Office
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.