ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISOR – COVENTRY – NATIONAL GRID WORKS
My client are a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. Who have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Process & Water, International and Control & Automation. They have over 700 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £140m in 2017, it is an exciting time to join the business.
My client are seeking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to join our regional office in Coventry. They have won a framework with National Grid; 19 sites over 3 years worth approximately £43m. The work is to upgrade security on National Grid gas and electric sites and we are responsible for the design & delivery of the civil engineering package, working in a joint venture with the Electrical Contractor. Working closely with the SHEQ Advisor and other Environmental Advisor, this role is office based the majority of the time with occasional project site visits.
The client are keen to receive applications from individuals who are currently working as an Environmental Advisor. Working within the construction industry (specifically utilities/energy), would be advantageous as would having an understanding of the scope and purpose of Environmental Plans and Environmental Management Tools and Techniques as well as producing Environmental Performance Reports against Audit Criteria, Objectives / KPI’s, Contractual Requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- · Supporting the Environmental Manager in the production and publication of company procedures and supporting forms
- · Communicating Environmental requirements across the company
- · Monitoring and Measuring Management System effectiveness, includes Data/Root Cause Analysis, Auditing (corrective and improvement action) and Report Writing
- · Ensuring improvement actions are implemented and closed within agreed timescales
- · Environmental planning activities
- · Supply Chain assessments and monitoring
- · Supporting construction/project teams
- Currently or previously working as an Environmental Advisor
- An ISO14001 or Environmental related Qualification
- GCSE’s (A-C)/S grades (1-3) including English
- Internal Auditor Trained (ISO14001 series preferred)
- Report Writing/ Presentation Skills
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel to sites with the UK
- Working experience within/with the utilities and energy sectors
- ISO14001/9001:2015 Trained
- · Project Management skills/experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Time Management/Multi-tasking skills
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office and SharePoint)
- High attention to detail/ accuracy
- Flexible and proactive
Good written and spoken communication abilities
For a confidential conversation about this position please contact Ollie Rushent on 02380 406322 or forward a copy of your CV via email.
3D Personnel is an employment agency and employment business.