Vacancy: Development Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €70k + package
3D Personnel’s client are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a leading developer in Cork. The successful person will be an enthusiastic hardworking person who will join the team and add value to the company. This is a great opportunity to gain long term employment with a leading developer that provides great salaries and opportunities for progression.
- Assist in the preparation of initial budgets and cost plans.
- Advise on procurement strategy.
- Develop and maintain value adding partnerships and relationships for the good of the business in terms of products and services – optimising price, technical specifications, quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage key supplier relationships through consistent appraisal and review.
- Prepare works tender packages and contract documents, analyse and compare quotations received.
- Identify, analyse and respond to commercial risks.
- Complete sub-contractor documentation in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor works packages against budgets, assessing variation claims and preparing progress reports.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Participate in project meeting to ensure that all commercial and contract procedures are properly implemented.
- Assist and advise on all expenditure against contract, to avoid unnecessary spend, ensure value for money and maintain a clear audit trail.
- Maintain files on all projects to include the contract, all correspondence, changes, amendments, clarifications and payment schedules.
- Monitor and ensure that project planned spend is maintained.
- Provide forecast pricing information for annual budgets and business plans.
- Ensure prompt response and resolution of all queries received from senior management.
- Process material orders in a timely manner.
- Compile and maintain library of prices on coins.
- Degree qualified Quantity Surveying or a related discipline, i.e construction management/Purchasing
- You will have 2-3 years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong working knowledge of contract documents, construction practices & techniques
- Ability to interpret & make calculations based on drawings
- Flexible & professional approach to work, self-motivated, confident & organised
- Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office & Excel