Vacancy: Design Manager
Salary: NEG. Depending on experience
3D Personnel’s client is a large building and civil engineering company based in Ireland & the UK, they have been undertaking operations in Ireland for the previous 50 years and have been regarded as one of Irelands leading building and civil engineering contractors.
The Design Lead will manage all the processes in relation to producing designs and drawings that the project (e.g. pipelines, structures etc.) can be built from. The role encompasses overseeing internal and external design consultant teams, controlling the development of the design concept into construction design, build and managing the installation information.
- Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise
- Supporting, understanding and advising the Contracts Manager as to the requirements and obligations in the development of the design
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health, safety and environmental risks in the design and financial risks during construction
- Taking consideration of environmental aspects and the life cycle perspective during the design process
- Ensuring that HSQE management systems and processes are adhered to, implemented and maintained
- Promoting continual improvement within the Design Department
- Actively mentoring, training and providing guidance to staff within the design process and wider group
- Degree/Diploma to support your competency for the role
- Minimum 7 years' experience in water infrastructure
- Previous experience in a design management role
- Knowledge of software including AutoCAD and BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to present ideas effectively and evaluate the ideas of others
- This role will report to the Contracts Manager in charge of the project.