ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - SOUTHAMPTON
3D Personnel are recruiting for a multi discipline Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. With a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Water & Process, International and Control & Automation.
They are looking to apoint an Electrical Design Engineer to join our dedicated design studio at their Head Office in Southampton. The role is working as part of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design management of a variety of different projects including water and wastewater treatment plants. Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, individuals will be responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design, including:
- Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
- Site surveys of existing assets
- Optioneering and feasibility studies
- Assisting with tender pricing
- Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
- Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
- Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
- Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
- Preparation of drawings for CAD production, in accordance with the TEL QA procedures
- Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
- Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
- Estimation of material and labour costs
- Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
- Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
- Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of ‘As Built’ documents
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors
- Carrying out design in accordance with M&E Design QA Procedures
- Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
- An appropriate electrical qualification is required
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
- A background of water/waste water treatment also advantageous
Our client is offering a competitve depending on experience salary plus benefits including contributed pension, discretionary bonus scheme and a car/allowance.
For a confidential conversation about this position please contact Oli Rushent on 02380 406322 or forward an email copy of your CV.
3D Personnel is an employment agency and employment business.