Deputy Logistics Manager
REF NO: VAC -13039
Salary: €43,250 – rising to €55,150 after 5 years
Location: Mullingar Co. Westmeath
Our client is one of Ireland’s most successful retailers, they offer a huge range of products sourced, locally across the U.K., Ireland and Europe. Their commitment to first class customer care and sustainability is paramount to what they do and, they are widely recognised as one of the U.K.s top employers, offering a host of employee benefits and, career development opportunities.
Keeping over 200 stores across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland fully stocked is no small task. That’s the job at the regional distribution centres, matching supply and demand 24/7. With goods of all kinds flowing in and out, including fresh and frozen produce as well as non-food, it’s essential that they are received, stored and delivered on time and in excellent condition.
Our regional distribution centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we require staff to cover both day and night shifts.
Your shift pattern will be 5 days out of 7 (including weekends and bank holidays).
Working in either the Goods In, Selections or Transport team, reporting directly to the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the management of employees in this area of the distribution centre. This exciting opportunity will offer you variety, responsibility and the satisfaction of knowing that your role is impacting on the success of all stores across the region.
We are looking for an individual who is keen to develop their soft and hard skill sets and move forward within the business thus enabling you to thrive, develop and learn within the environment.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Warehouse Operatives in our Goods In, Selections or Transport departments ensuring stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards
- Deliver a performance orientated and motivating work environment for all employees
- Participate in operational activities and demonstrate strong leadership skills through leading by example
- Management and development of key performance indicators
- Engagement and interaction with multiple IT systems which form the basis of key logistics processes within our Regional Distribution Centres
- Complete regular quality control checks and product rotation according to company guidelines
- Coordination of on the job training for all Warehouse Operatives and other trainees in order to develop employees and enable them to work proactively
- Development and maintenance of the team work schedules and annual leave planning
What you'll need
- Possess drive and ambition of the highest level
- A results orientated management style with a desire to succeed
- Have the confidence to manage relationships and motivate employees around you
- The ability to lead a team and demonstrate the skills required to inspire others
- A clear results driven work record, with a proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise deadlines
- Possess strong organisation and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable work style
- Adept at managing people, controlling costs and demonstrating a hands-on approach to ensure success
What you'll receive
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions
- €43,250 rising to €55,150 within 4 years
- €30 extra pay per night shift between 00.00 and 7.00
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Company pension after 1 year
- Vodafone and Circle K discounts available for all employees
- Maternity & Paternity Leave top up, Marriage leave, Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Private employee medical insurance
How to Apply:
Applications in writing only please, send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.