Job Title: Contracts Manager – Process & Water
Location: Kent & Hampshire
Salary: Depending on experience
Our client is an Engineering Procurement and Construction company operating across the UK and overseas.
Established for over 70 years, the Company has successfully grown to an award-winning organisation now employing more than 1000 people.
As a dynamic, multi-disciplined company providing innovative, technology-led solutions to complex engineering challenges their in-house design and manufacturing capability puts them at the forefront of engineering excellence across sectors of expertise which includes Energy, Process & Water, Nuclear and Oil & Gas
We seek a Contracts Manager to join the Process & Water team, initially responsible for delivering a £30m clean water project in both Kent & Hampshire.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the safe & successful delivery of the project and will report to the Framework Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Responsible for overseeing 1 large project or up to 3/4 live smaller projects at any one time.
- Working closely with the SHEQ team to ensure the safe delivery of works, updating on environmental issues and ensuring quality.
- Managing and supporting the Project Managers and Site Managers on each of your projects.
- Working closely with the commercial team, designers, planners and site teams.
- Subcontract management.
- Client interface; attending regular meetings with the client and reporting on design and project completion timelines.
- Effective monthly reporting to the Framework Manager.
- Taking responsibility for the programmes.
- Working with the Estimators to produce tenders.
Due to the complexity of projects that we work on, it is essential that applicants have a background in managing the successful delivery of Mechanical & Electrical projects. A background of working on clean or wastewater projects would be a strong advantage and is preferred. It may be that you are currently working as a Contracts Manager or perhaps you are a Senior Project Manager who is seeking to take the next step in your career. Either way, you will have an excellent technical ability in M&E and be a strong manager of people, possessing the ability to get the most out of your team.
Desired Skills / Background
HNC/HND/BSc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent or by experience
A background of delivering projects to budget and program
Water experience preferred (clean water or wastewater)
Excellent communication skills with people of all levels
Organised and structured in your approach
This company offers the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. They value employee’s and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme to buy more holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension