Vacancy: Contracts Manager
Salary: €100K - €135K + package - DOE
A highly experienced Contracts manager is required to join a leading main contractor that has projects through-out Dublin. The successful contracts manager will have at least 6 yrs experience at a CM level undertaking a variety of projects including commercial, industrial, health care and student accommodation spheres.
This is a great opportunity for a successful contracts manager that has a large amount of experience to join a leading main contractor on a permanent basis.
As the successful candidate your duties will include:-
- The overall financial and technical control of allocated contracts.
- Controlling, motivating, co-ordinating and supervising the team and ensuring that their efforts are continuously directed towards a high level of quality, efficiency and safety.
- The effective performance of contracts under your control by implementing the company's policies relating to Safety, Quality Assurance, technical and financial control so as to ensure entire client satisfaction and job profitability.
- Planning and producing project programmes and ensuring that all necessary resources are scheduled and available in good time to comply with these programmes.
- Review, modify where necessary to ensure compliance with company policy and approve safety plans for projects.
- Review and modify where necessary quality assurance plans prepared by the Quality Department. Ensure that management staff on the projects implements the plans and operate within the guidelines of the Quality Manual.
- Be informed of developments in managerial practice, innovations in technical methods, and make recommendations on areas where it is felt business practice can be improved.
- Represent the Company in all matters pertaining to your contracts or as otherwise specifically directed and safeguard its interests at all times.
- Attend the pre-construction meeting with the Contract Director, Estimating Manager, Contract Surveyor and other staff deemed appropriate to discuss fully the standard Company agenda for their meeting and implement the outcome of the meeting as recorded in the minutes.
- Complete the insurance questionnaire and contract number allocation form and return to the Contract Director / Company Secretary.
- Ensure that contract programme and target programmes are prepared so as to comply with the requirements discussed at the pre-construction meeting. Ensure that all necessary services and resources are supplied to enable the programme to be complied with.
- Have Project Safety Plan prepared and issued to site before work commences. Ensure that it is fully complied with, that safety notices are displayed, that safety inspections are made regularly and that a high level of awareness of safety and of the requirements of the Health and Safety Plan is maintained on site.
- Along with the Project Manager or Site Manager and General Foremen, ensure that stage programmes and weekly programmes are drawn up and implemented.
- Ensure that the setting out of the buildings is delegated to a competent and responsible person who properly checks for closing error before work proceeds.
- Ensure that major material suppliers are selected to comply with programme and budgetary requirements and that other materials and plant are requisitioned in accordance with programme requirements from the procurement department.
- Prepare a schedule of information requirements in accordance with the programme for the contract and circulate to the architects and engineers as appropriate.
- Ensure that builder’s work and co-ordinated all sub-contractor’s drawings are prepared in good time and circulate to the appropriate professional advisers.
- Regularly visit sites to ensure that the requirements of the project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans, the programmes and the operational methods being employed are effective and safe and that the general appearance of the works and its environs is clean, tidy and well presented.
- Attend or ensure that the Company is properly represented at all site meetings and that the minutes of the meeting adequately record all relevant matters discussed.
- Ensure that the Company's industrial relations policy is complied with during the course of the contract and deal with the various matters arising in conjunction with the Contract Director