Vacancy: Contracts Manager
Location: Galway area
Salary: €100K - €110K + package
3D Personnel is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager based from their Galway office for our client who is a dynamic construction main contractor who provide turnkey sevices to the commercial, retail, leisure/ hospitality, life science, healthcare and industrial/infrastructure sectors.
You will be responsible for managing the safe, successful and profitable delivery of multiple contracts from prequalification through to retention release. You will manage the execution of projects embracing the companies project delivery ethos and commercial processes whilst embedding our culture of health & safety, quality, client service satisfaction.
Your duties and responsibilities will include: Health & Safety and Environment, Financial Performance, Quality, Client Retention & Developing New Opportunities, Building the Capability of your team
- You hold a Degree/Higher Diploma in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- You have 15+ years’ main constracting experience
- You will be experienced in managing multiple contracts
- You must possess knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- You will have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a methodical nature are required
- You must be a strong people manager, able to use initiative and be self-motivated
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the relevant Director to appraise the project buildability and produce a Construction Programme.
- Attend any Pre Tender; and Pre Start Meetings, to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed, prior to commencement on site.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the Health & Safety Plan is fully developed, in accordance with the Health & Safety guidelines.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Procedures Manual is complied with at all times
- Interview Consultants, Sub Contractors and Suppliers, to ensure they are competent, prior to commencing work
- Liaise with Safety personnel to ensure that the required safety inspection reports are actioned
- Undertake detailed safety inspections with Site Managers during site visits
Management of the construction process
- Issue the agreed Build Programme and Build Direction to Site Managers
- Review Site Managers’ Weekly Progress and Status Reports and liaise with other Department Heads to resolve any delays or issues identified
- Ensure Site Managers correctly plans and programmes his Sub Contractors and Materials Suppliers, to maintain the Build Programme.
- Ensure that a culture exists within the Site Construction Team, which guarantees that the required quality of the build process is achieved
- Liaise weekly with the Sales Team to review sales and production progress on a site by site basis
- Review Sub Contract and Materials Suppliers performance, reporting continual problems and defects to the Technical Department
- Manage the completion of developments, including ensuring all roads, sewers and public open space adoptions are carried out in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Technical and Designt teams to consider cost-effective construction processes at both the design and construction phases.
- Investigate exceptional cost excesses and take appropriate remedial action
- Liaise with Sub Contractors and Suppliers, in conjunction with the Technical & Commercial Departments, to reduce costs, whilst maintaining quality and customer satisfaction levels
- Review the Build Programme in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Department, to ensure work in progress levels are in line with established targets
- Instil within the Site Management Team a culture which encourages continuous improvement
- Monitor all Customer Satisfaction to ensure that trends are recognized and the appropriate action taken to improve performance
- Resolve any disputes that may arise, to the satisfaction of the purchaser, whilst maintaining financial and commercial controls
- Undertake annual Performance Appraisals
- Identify and action appropriate training and development opportunities, to develop skills and knowledge of Staff
- Manage performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with Company Procedures
- Plan and manage manning levels, including the recruitment of appropriately qualified and experienced personnel.