Vacancy: Civils Quantity Surveyor
Location: Based in Cork Full time.
Salary: €70K - €75K + package
3D Personnel’s client is a civil engineering contractor that has a large pipeline for waste water treatment plants and highways projects coming online in 2018. 3D Personnel’s client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Civils Quantity Surveyor that has experience in roads, waste water treatment plants and general civils. The successful candidate will have worked consecutively for a civil contractor undertaking similar projects with a value of at least €5 million in value.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Civils Quantity surveyor based in Cork to work as the lead QS in a long established civils contractor.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Liaising and reporting to the Senior Management
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience with proven track record
- A strong technical background in Civil Engineering industry is a must
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Strong written communication abilities are also essential