Vacancy: Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: €55K + package
Health & Safety advisor required for one of Ireland's most successful construction and fit-out companies whose portfolio includes global commercial offices, retail spaces and innovative infrastructure solutions.
3D Personnel’s client requires a Health and Safety advisor to look after Projects in Dublin Area. You will have relevant qualifications and a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Safety Officer / Advisor with a main contractor in the construction industry.
As H&S Advisor, reporting into the HSEQ Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring workplace activities to ensure that employees comply with company policies and government safety regulations. You will typically have responsibility pertaining to policy development, safety inspections, safety training and compliance with H&S Administration.
Some of the role duties will include:
- Champion the health and safety function, and safe working practices across the Company.
Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safety Statement, communicating any updates Company wide.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager and Operations Managers with training needs e.g. Manual Handling, Safe Pass, Street works Training, etc.
- Develop and carry out of Safety Audits observing workers to ensure that they are following company safety policies.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees and Review sub-contractors' Safety Policies and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings.
To be considered for this exciting new role you must have:
- Experience in a similar Health & Safety role ideally within the construction sector.
- Strong knowledge of H&S legislation and regulations.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline such as NEBOSH or working towards it.
- Highly organised and adaptable individual with very strong IT skills specifically MS Office suite
- Ability to deliver presentations to other client or company personnel.