Vacancy: Civil Site Engineer
Location: Co Kildare
Salary: €50K to €60K + package Negotiable depending on experience
3D Personnel’s client is a large building and civil engineering company with a long history of constructing quality projects for both the public and private sectors.
3D Personnel’s client are currently seeking Civil Engineer to work on a project in the Kildare area.
The role will require the engineer to work as part of a team and also to carry out tasks individually. The majority of the work assignments will be based on-site and you must be comfortable with setting out, construction practises, the implementation of health and safety on-site and use of the latest technology products/equipment.
Civil Engineer Duties:
- Promote and comply with Health and Safety on site, deliver works safely and to project deadlines,
- Accurate and timely setting out of works according to contract drawings, preparing drawings and calculations as required
- Ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis and comply with legal requirements
- Recording and maintaining records such as site diary, drawing registers, outstanding defects, quality reports, daily diaries, progress photographs,
- Promote best practice on site, comply with company procedures and ensure the work is snag/defect free,
- Maintenance of Quality Management System on site and ensure records are compliant with ISO Standards
- Coordination and Supervision of Subcontractors in the performance of the Works
- Ensure maintenance of drawing register including drawings distribution
- Minimises environmental disturbance during the construction works
- Builds relationship with Site Manager and Management Team
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is calibrated, maintained and checked in accordance with manufactures requirements
- Carry out inspections in accordance with Site Inspection Plan
- As-Built drawings (completion of As-Builds)
- Site Testing in accordance with Test & Inspection Plan
- Monitoring of materials delivered to ensure compliance with specifications
Civil Engineer Criteria:
- Civil Engineering degree with post graduate experience.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Be highly motivated and organised
- Knowledge of using total stations and GPS