Civil Engineer, Ref. 12849
FT Permanent role
Competitive Salary and Package (DOE)
Our client based in Co. Derry are a Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience working on projects locally and internationally.
The business is in a period of significant growth and due to their busy work load they have a vacancy for a Civil Engineer to join their team.
The role offers an opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects (across all stages of development), applying your analytical skills and experience when carrying out feasibility studies, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications.
You will also have the opportunity to be part of a proactive learning environment within a multidisciplinary team.
Responsible for the planning and design of projects within set timescales and within budget. Duties will include the control of assigned projects, to oversee the day to day
running/design of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractors and other project consultants.
Your role will include but not limited to the following the following responsibilities
Design and Project Management
• Responsible for roads and drainage designs including development of layouts for both greenfield and/or brownfield sites. Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of detailed drawings and specifications as part of a team on various roads and drainage projects on behalf of Clients.
• Liaison with Statutory Authorities, such as DFI Roads, NI Water, DFI Rivers and NIEA to obtain necessary approvals and/or consents for roads and drainage projects.
• Preparing tenders, supervising tendering procedures, preparing proposals, and managing, supervising, and visiting contractors on-site.
• Check drawings / designs for defects and recommend amendments and improvements.
• Ensure health and safety is given the highest priority in the design and delivery of all works.
• Coordinate and manage project team resources in conjunction with the Engineering Principal and Director.
• Liaise with clients and other consultants in managing projects from inception through to completion within timescale and within budget.
• Negotiate and secure competitive prices for resources.
• Prepare monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
• Escalate project critical issues in a timely manner;
• Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
• Quality Assessment procedure implementation.
• Conduct site inspections and liaise with relevant partners.
• Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance with the Organisation’s Management systems, processes, and procedures.
Financial and Development Duties
• Take an active role in the development of the company with a view to expanding our client base.
• Proactively monitor and control project costs
• Preparation of project invoicing.
• Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices and timesheets.
• Act as a mentor for junior engineers, graduates and technicians.
• Follow organisation policies and procedures and adhere to Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations including UK-GDPR.
• Undertake other duties within your area of competence as directed.
• Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
This job description is not meant to be definitive and may be amended to meet changing needs.
What we are looking for
A Chartered Civil Engineer (or working towards)
B. Eng in Civil Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent);
A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
Previous experience of roads and drainage design
Sound problem-solving skills, accountability for assigned work, and solid written and verbal communication
Proficient IT skills (Microsoft products)
Excellent people management and project execution
Commitment to CPD and competence
Full UK Driving Licence.
Previous experience in a consultancy practice managing projects, teams and budgets.
Competent in civil engineering design, report writing, must have good knowledge of the planning application process
Have experience using Causeway Flow or Microdrainage
Familiarity using AutoCAD, Causeway PDS or Civil 3D
Familiar with DFI Roads and NI Water requirements.
What is on offer:
• Competitive salary
• 33 days paid holiday including bank and public increasing to 38 with service.
• Generous contributory pension scheme.
• Death in service benefit.
• Continuous Professional Development
• On-site free car parking.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Assistance Programme.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.