Our client is a tier 1 main contractor that are operating on large construction projects across the UK.
They are looking for a Building Services Manager with strong public sector framework and schools experience to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will be based around Essex but will require you to be able to travel to various different sites regularly.
- Ensure all aspects of the Design Works instructions are implemented.
- Ensure the Building services Design has been reviewed on all Projects with respect to mitigating Health and safety issues prior to construction.
- Produce, agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic Building Services design, installation and commissioning programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Manage the Building Services Design on site with the assistance of other site based resource by implementing the Design management plan, to ensure the timely production of information is issued, within budget, fully coordinated and buildable.
- Ensure the Project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
- Provide guidance to the Project team on Building Services related issues.
- Liaise with their Senior Building Services Manager to coordinate resource requirements, reporting on project performance and liasing on staff pastoral issues as appropriate.
- Assist their Principal Building Services Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes.
- Maintain close relationships with the Customer, design and specialist supplier organisations.
- Maintain close liaison between services specialists and the construction team throughout the duration of the project to ensure that critical interfaces are identified, agreed and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Be the single point of contact for all project services issues whether commercial, design or construction in origin.
- Manage the change control process as it relates to building services issues and ensure that all variations to the Contractor's Proposals are fully assessed for time, quality and cost implications prior to being instructed for implementation.
- Ensure that all outstanding issues are fully resolved during the Defects Liability Period.
- Construction based degree or other equivalent qualification
- Strong computer skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to run independent projects
- Strong public sector framework experience
- Schools experience
Excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work with one of the UK’s largest construction contractors.