Job Description: Authorised Person – Electrical
Salary: €70,000 - €75,000 + relocation package
On behalf of my client, I am actively recruiting for an ‘Authorised Person – Electrical’ to work on an ongoing project in Sweden. This exciting opportunity will give the candidate a chance to build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
Authorised Person Responsibilities
- Engages from early in the project with the SAP with regard to the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Structured mentoring / Workshops with the testing & commissioning technicians in line with an agreed Commissioning plan with the SAP.
- Ensures all Workplace personnel are aware of and are complying with the Electrical Safe Systems of Work.
- Liaise with Control System providers (Scada/BMS/EMS etc.) in the development of the system handover under permit control schedule and protocols.
- Issues and controls Permits for all Energised working activities under scope of work and as outlined by the SAP.
- Attend daily testing & commissioning meetings as required.
- To review and understand project specifications and drawings fully and extract the project specific requirements.
- Excellent Understanding & Interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets
- Follow Strict Operational Procedures and Adhere to Electrical Safety Rules.
- Carry out review of Switchgear Distribution Topology and Controls prior to start-up.
- Attend Project daily white board progress / Look ahead meetings.
- Support / liaise with specialist Testing & Commissioning contractors to carry out early reviews and agree commissioning sequences and test scripts.
- Support initial start-up and energization of equipment following the agreed Electrical Safe Systems of Work plan for LV Systems.
- Witness and coordinate specific tests and ensure all documentation is complete as per regulations and project specifications.
- Ensure all pre- and post-energisation testing & commissioning tagging activities are witnessed by required parties and signed off as accepted.
- Identifying and ensuring all the correct test equipment is available and calibrated for use.
Necessary requirement of the Authorised Person
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role within an electrical contracting environment
- Relevant experience in Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects.
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Experience with an M&E contractor in an Energy Marshall Role.
- Database / MS SharePoint experience, other database software.
- Experience of working on LV/MV systems. ‘Authorised Person’ experience.
- Electrical Testing & Verification with min 3 years’ experience.
Desired Competencies / special role requirements
- Excellent Understanding & Interpretation of Project Specifications, Drawings, SLD’s, Cable Solutions and Data Sheets.
- Excellent understanding of earthing arrangements and configurations.
- Excellent understanding of Busbar, busway systems including interlocking of secondary energy sources.
- Excellent knowledge of discrimination study application both for Short circuit/overload protection and earth/line fault currents.
- Good Knowledge of FAT/SAT reporting for all Electrical Switchgear philosophy.
- Appreciation of Switchgear forms and separations and Type Testing.
- Good Knowledge of National Electrical Regulations
- Good Knowledge of control systems - Scada/BMS/EMS etc.
- Good Knowledge of narrating switching plans.
- Ability to Carry out switching and Isolating of Low/Medium Voltage Systems.
- Mission Critical project experience / knowledge.
- Ability to integrate with specialist contractors for energisation of partial systems.
- Commissioning experience of Electrical systems/backup systems.
- Experience working on Live systems and managing energisation / start-up of Systems.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of control philosophies and switchgear systems.