Our client is a privately owned professional construction company delivering high quality projects across the residential, commercial, educational and retail sectors.
They are looking for an Assistant Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis for a residential build that they have in the Ruislip area.
- Support the Estimating team in carrying out their duties;
- Estimate projects using drawings to produce a takeoff and pricing by building up rates from labour, plant and material rates.
- Manage resources, produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain.
- Receive and analyze quotations, liaising with Contracts Managers and Quantity Surveyors regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Carry out tender administration and document control using 4 Projects Collaboration Software
- To coordinate and manage the process of supplier enquiries through 4 Projects
- To maintain the register of all enquiries as sent and received;
- Maintain Pre-Contract supply chain database of supplies;
- To support the wider Preconstruction Team when required
- Control of incoming tender documentation
- Updating of tender documents ensuring all information is up to date
- Completion of tender enquiry documentation, and submission in line with identified deadlines;
- Carry out general administration associated with tender and land Bid preparation and submission
- Good verbal communication skills for interaction with internal and external team;
- Working with key pre-construction contacts from within the Pre-Contract Team Bid Managers, Bid Writers, Estimators, Planners and other technical experts.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Strong residential background
- Degree in quantity surveying or other relevant qualification
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their experience