Assistant Bid Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 + Package
Our client is an award-winning construction, refurbishment and fit out company which has been responsible for a number of landmark buildings across the world. Due to their continuous growth, they are now in the market for an Assistant Bid Manager to join their team based in Belfast, UK on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Bid Manager, the post holder will be responsible for submitting complete, comprehensive and competitive bids. As part of the bid team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a knowledge base and templates as well as identifying ways to improve the overall quality, consistency and efficiency of the Bid process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, delivery and co-ordination of incoming bid requests.
- Completion of PQQ’s/EOI’s obtaining, managing and checking information from other departments as and when required.
- Completion of Tenders obtaining, managing and checking information from other departments as and when required.
- Ensuring the highest standards of quality are maintained in the tender/bid application.
- Support and drive the bid process, ensuring the most appropriate and relevant solution to each bid has been utilised through co-ordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and update a set of standardised answers and templates and store for future bids.
- Bid writing, bid processing.
- Assist with all marketing/social media, PR and awards applications where necessary.
- Upkeep of Company website information.
- Lead or assist when necessary with Interview presentations.
- Carry out site visits and associated case study writing.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to projects on Gateway to ensure traceability.
- Update company CRM system.
- Liaison with Client/Clients representatives in preparation of the bid/tender application and management/distribution of any subsequent post tender/PQQ queries/responses.
- Establish and maintain good relations with Clients/Design Teams, sub-contractors, suppliers and their representatives as well as any other stakeholders and ensure that opportunities for future work are followed through.
- Maintain SHEQ control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 45001
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Be aware of and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Fulfil Company CPD requirements and undertake all relevant training and development activities as and when required.
- Contribute to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role as requested by Bid Management.
- 3 Years+ experience in the field of Bid Coordination/Bid Writing.
- Minimum of 2 Years’ experience working in the Construction Industry
- Experience of successfully managing and co-ordinating multiple bids/PQQ’s
- Experience of co-ordination on high value Tenders
- Ability to format documents in word.
- PowerPoint presentation experience.
- Sound understanding of the construction process.
- Contract law knowledge
- Understanding of building law and regulations.
- In depth knowledge of health and safety matters
- Previous demonstrable experience as a Bid Co-Ordinator/Assistant Bid Manager in a construction company.
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree in Business/Construction Management or closely related discipline.
- CSR Card.
- CIOB Accreditation.
- Full UK / EU Driving Licence.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest cv to Sarah or call today to discuss further.