Asset Management Accountant
Full-time Perm Contract
The employer we are currently recruiting on behalf of is a home-grown Property Development business based in NI and due to continued growth on the commercial side of the business, they are now actively seeking to recruit an Asset Management Accountant.
The primary function of the role is to control the finances of a large mixed use commercial property portfolio to include shopping centres, retail, offices and mixed use properties.
The Asset Management Accountant has the ultimate responsibility for all cash held within the portfolio, including rents and any service charge, deposits, VAT etc.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring the portfolio Net Operating Income (NOI), routinely liaising with the Property and Asset Managers to ensure that the property portfolio bank accounts are reconciled periodically in line with reporting requirements.
• Assisting the Asset Managers with preparation of forecast NOI and tracking thereof.
• Overseeing with Property Mangers the raising of rent charges and reconciling to business plan and forecast.
• Management of portfolio arrears and rent collection.
• Cash management of net rent funds, including authorisation and payment of landlord costs.
• Preparation of quarterly and year end consolidated accounts.
• Assisting with account reconciliations for external audits.
• Assisting the Asset Management and Finance teams with other ad hoc duties when required.
Experience & Qualifications
Minimum of 3 years accounting experience, ideally gained within the construction or property management environment or similar
CIMA or ACCA Qualified
Advanced IT proficiency; MS Office, specifically Excel
Demonstrable knowledge of construction and/or property management
Information research, retrieval and collation using internet/web-based systems
In-depth knowledge of the property industry
Experience of insurance portfolios
Experience of council tax, domestic and non-domestic rates
Job Related Skills
Ability to work confidently on own initiative, and competently as part of a team
Ability to organise and prioritise workloads, adapting to changeable priorities
A strong attention to detail and the ability to work with a high level of accuracy
Excellent relationship building skills demonstrating the ability to build a rapport with clients
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Willingness to engage in learning and personal development
Strong interest in the property management sector
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.